1. A Constitution and rules for Unions NT.
2. An elected Executive that manages and administers the affairs of the Council and meets on a monthly or as required basis;
3. Minutes of meetings of Executive and Council.
4. A Council consisting of delegates of affiliated unions which meets at 4.30pm on the last Tuesday of each month or as required to conduct and oversee the business of the Council;
5. Audited financial reports of the income and expenditure of Unions NT to Council and government.
6. Reports to Council and various funding bodies.
7. Elected policy commitees that advise the Council, through the Unions NT Executive on policy, procedures, related issues or concerns.
E.g. Women’s Policy, Rules, Occupational Health and Safety, Statehood, May Day and Arts Projects etc;
8. Representing the views of the trade union movement to government and industry via elected representatives on a broad range of bodies including the;
– Education Advisory Council;
– Northern Territory Board of Studies;
– Joint NT Government/Trade Union ‘ Labour Advisory Council’;
– Charles Darwin University Council;
– NT Government and Public Authorities and Superannuation Scheme
Invest and Review Boards;
– Workplace Health and Safety Advisory Council and related sub
– Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Advisory Council;
– (Workers Compensation) ‘Scheme Monitoring Committee’;
– Scheme Monitoring Committee
– NT Build Board
9. Employment of staff to engage affiliated unions, their members, government, industry, the community and international partners on various projects including:
- Education matters,
- School and University visits,
- Engagement with Industry and Community Groups,
- Occupational Health and Safety,
- Workers’ Compensation, industry development initiative,
- and other matters as required by the Council.
10. Coordinate the identification and provision of training to union members through either the Australian Council of Trade Unions, individual unions, union members, industries, union preferred training providers or other organizations.